November 04, 2012

Week 44

.
Look out!  He has his learner's permit!


I have had the idea to do a shot of Dazzle "driving" a police car since I started the 52 weeks project, but I haven't been able to find a willing officer :-) So I decided to do the shoot with my van instead. 

I attempted this shot in front of our house, but the lighting/time of day was wrong and the shadows were too deep.  So I tried again the next day and found a parked bus with a good background and much better lighting.  I used post processing techniques to blur the background to give it a sense of movement.  So neither vehicle was moving, but Dazzle really was sitting in the driver's seat, wearing sunglasses :-) 

Once I had the angle/set up I wanted, I tossed a toy in front of the van to get his ears up and attention forward. I'm very happy with how this turned out! 

The photo groups are planning their participants for next year now.  I have decided that I'm not going to do the 52 weeks for dogs group again next year, but I'm hoping to get into a 12 months for dogs group (at least 1 photo per month).  The group has much harder challenges and I'm looking forward to them!

I also applied for a 52 weeks group that allows photos of anything EXCEPT dogs (or other pets). I have usually been taking some non-dog photos during our weekly photo shoots and I'm enjoying that as much as I have enjoyed creating the photos of Dazzle.  So this will encourage me to still take photos every week, but I can work more on the technical aspects (maybe more in manual mode?) since I won't also have to be working on keeping Dazzle in the right pose :-)
Maybe Santa will bring me a new lens too :-)  

So we'll see what the new year brings.