August 01, 2012

Week 30/31- Happy birthday Dazzle!

After a very busy mid July, I'm finally feeling caught up again.  The new job is going well and except for figuring out and creating the reports I need to submit to the treasurer each month, it has been going very smoothly.  And I think I have those reports figured out now too :-)

But week 30 went by in a blur!  One minute it was Monday, the next it was Saturday!  So I was in a bit of a panic Saturday night as to what to shoot for the weekly photography challenge.  I decided to revisit a shot I really liked from a "Film Noir" challenge earlier this year that I didn't end up using.  I knew I could shoot it in the basement at 1am (when I realised the week was almost over).  I think the re-do came out even better than the original! 

He looks like a Gargoyle, just imagine the wings. But it's titled "The Interrogation".


Dazzle turned 4 years old yesterday, on July 31st.  Where does the time go?!  I still need to take his 4 yr old pose, probably at the lake or maybe the park on a tree, but I did create this montage video showcasing the past 4 years.  We sure have done a LOT together!  I hope our journey has just begun!

VIDEO:  4 yrs old- photo montage video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTFEz-JPJlI

For week 31, I was ready and got his photo taken on Monday.  The Facebook group had a challenge of making your specific dog a breed and defining the breed standard. More of a creative writing challenge, but the photo should highlight something in the breed description.

The Dazzle- An overactive breed always ready to DO something and game to try anything. Versatile is an understatement. Very creative thinkers, often making their own games in which their wagging tail gives away how pleased they are with the outcome of their experiments. The Dazzle has a lean, well muscled body, beautiful and thick mahogany coat with a curly tail and eyes set in a deep black face that communicate just what the dog is thinking. They are also masters at body language and have been known to learn on their own to point at objects they want thrown. If that doesn’t get the message across, a well placed muzzle punch to the breast or groin may be used. Beware, the Dazzle is a fetching machine that will cause you to have almost constant “tennis elbow” even when using a Chuck-it and they can wear out the motor on a Go-Dog-Go machine in about 30 days. This dog is NOT for the beginner, apartment life or a sedate lifestyle.






A few weeks ago (before camp) I ordered Dazzle a new bed (lightweight air matress) for the folding crate I haul to agility practice.  It should have been here over a week ago, but I guess fate decided that Dazzle's birthday present had to be delivered ON his birthday! :-)  I think he likes it and my back will like it too!


Canine Whoopie Cushion: Once he kills the squeeker there is only a hole where the squeeker should be. He takes obvious pleasure in deliberately putting that hole against smooth surfaces like the floor, leather couch or the tub and squeezing the toy to make loud farty noises :-) Of course when he's using the rim or floor of the tub, I'm on the toilet! Note to self: make sure he can't do that when guests are visiting.