July 25, 2012

Week 29- Dog Scout camp

Another great week at Dog Scout camp!  Dazzle had a lot of fun and earned two new badges (Sign Language- responding to American Sign Language cues and Treibball- ball herding).  He also got to spend a lot of time at the pond and did some digging in the play yard. 

I took some video, but haven't gotten that edited yet.  I'll upload it when I get it done and get it on YouTube.

Dock Diving Dazzle:


Waiting for the cue to jump.  I couldn't have gotten the photos above without his rock solid stay!

Big Splash! It amazes me how he can keep his head above water during the landing.

Water wings

I put him on a stay to my left, threw the ball to my right and gave the release cue when I was ready with the camera.

"Can we go back to the pond mom?  Pleeeeease"

Reflection...

Water fun at the dog beach

Water race!

Another race for the toy. Dazzle cheated and used the dock to get farther faster LOL

Time for a good roll. It was dusk, so the camera didn't do a very good job at catching his fast motion in low light.


"Hellooooooo?"

Sandy face

Good stick

How to bury a Puggle

I kept expecting her to fall in, but he went around her in his search for roots to pull out of the ground.

"Coming mom!"

Too fast to capture with the shutter

Playtime Sunday morning after camp was over

Tug with Charlie

Tired dog- he slept all the way home. Only getting up briefly (bleary eyed) for a potty break.  It IS possible to wear out a Malinois!
Yes, I took a photo while driving. But I did it by holding the camera up and shooting blindly over my shoulder so I didn't take my eyes off the road. Not bad for a guess at where the camera was aimed :-) It was even my first and only shot at it.

After camp, I collected all the badges and other items for my new job.  I will be processing badge forms and mailing out the patches/badges for Dog Scouts of America.  So I have my new work space all set up and ready to go now! Each container on the shelf is a different badge.