June 30, 2012

Week 26- ice bath

This week has been brutally hot!  Over 100 degrees yesterday and 98-99 today.  But yesterday I had an idea for a photo that ended up working out way better than I could have imagined!  I know how much Dazzle loves snow, and I was envisioning the photo I saw of the bulldog laying over a pile of ice when I decided to try putting ice in the kiddy pool.

So I bought three big bags of ice and filled the little pool and figured if Dazzle had no interest in it, I could dump it on the patio and try to recreate the bulldog photo.  But I had no need to worry because Dazzle thought it had snowed just for him! 

He climbed into the pool and started eating the ice, then buried his nose in it, then rolled, started digging and had a GRAND ol time with it!  I tried to get video of it too, but must have had a setting wrong because the resulting video was completely washed out.  But I took lots of photos, and put a few together in a 30 second video as well as posting some below.  I hope you enjoy these as much as Dazzle enjoyed his gift!

VIDEO: Ice bath fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWyGM9XrPsk


He laid like this munching ice for awhile!


I was amazed at how fast it all melted, but I guess 101 degrees will do that!  He wasn't as interested in it when it got soupy, but I had to get a photo of the "cartoon dog shadow" he made before it evaporated quickly.

Last night we had a bad storm go through that was preceeded by very strong wind gusts that brought down a LOT of power lines and trees!  I saw people posting on Facebook about the power company telling them they might not get power back on till NEXT Saturday!  I can't imagine a whole week of this heat without power!  Thankfully ours stayed on.  This is a photo I took of the deeply bending corn.  It was kind of interesting to be able to SEE the waves of wind as they moved through the corn.
 A shot of the corn from the same spot today (it's dead calm today and very hot).