January 14, 2012

52 weeks photos- week 1 and 2

I have been remiss in posting my photos to the blog, sorry.  Here are only a few of the best of the over 400 photos I have taken so far with my new camera. :-)

While visiting family, Dazzle was greatly enjoying the few inches of snow. and I took the opportinity to get some action shots.  I sent him away from me and had him stop and stay till I was ready, then called him back and threw the ball up as he got to where I wanted him to be. I got several really great photos this way!

The following photo was my choice for week 1 of both "52 weeks" groups. I love his teeth that are visible through the ball, the turn of his rear foot, the flying snow, the way he is looking right at the camera. I only wish his tail was in this one :-)  You can see all the detail by looking at it in a larger size here: (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scoutdogs/6637006387/sizes/o/in/set-72157628378421005/) Click on the link, then click on the photo, then in the upper right click on "view all sizes" and select "original".

Almost jumped out of the frame on this one!

Love the detail I got using the bright, cloud filtered light!

Can you tell he dove into the snow for this one? LOL


For the second week, I wanted to again get some action shots, but since it dramatically warmed up and all the snow melted fast onto the already saturated ground, there was a LOT of mud! 

I had a harder time than I thought I would finding a location that wasn't underwater and where it would be safe to have Dazzle off leash.  I ended up in a vacant lot within an industrial area.  I would have prefered a "dog's eye" level for these, but then I would have had industrial buildings in the background.  I was hoping to get a shot of him doing a sliding stop after catching the ball and sending mud flying, but he was being careful (a good thing) and only did that a few times (the times after I gave up on getting that shot and started trying to get the catch) :-)

Below is my submission for the 52 weeks for dogs group. You can see it larger here: (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scoutdogs/6674919211/in/set-72157628378421005/) Click on the link, then click on the photo to get it bigger.  If you want to see it really large, click on the "view all sizes" in the upper right.

The best I could capture on the "slide"

Can't you just hear the movie effects screeching brakes :-) (no, he didn't fall)

I submitted the following for the Facebook "52 weeks for working dogs" group.  Since it was closer, I thought it would show up better in the relatively small photos on Facebook and it's still very dramatic.

I'm looking forward to next week because I have a fun idea!