October 10, 2010

Ren Fest

Today Mike and I enjoyed 10-10-10 by attending a vow renewal ceremony where we had our first official date.  Ohio Renaissance Festival.

The weather was perfect and the shows we saw were entertaining.  Dazzle took all the unusual sights and sounds in stride, though the cannon fire made him nervous. Can't say I blame him!  I didn't take many photos, but here are a few:

There were a few vendors selling cut glass and this one was catching the light just right.  The camera doesn't do it justice. 

I got a photo of this one last year too, but it makes me laugh so I took another (frog eating a fairy outside a shop that sells fairy wings and things)

Love this type of music.  Last year Dazzle really liked the solo guitar, this year he didn't really show much interest in that, or the man playing water glases or this musician. His ears did perk up at the loud horns announcing the queen. :-)
There were a lot of people at the event!  It took nearly an hour to get from the exit ramp, to parking, and through the long ticket lines!  But it's a big enough area (permanently set-up village) that it didn't feel crowded inside.