April 02, 2010

Emotional First

.
This isn't related to Dazzle, but it is related to dogs.  On Tuesday, I responded for my first time to the activation of the Tri-State CART, a disaster response team for animals.  I just got back home last night.  It's going to take me some time to recover physically and emotionally from what I experienced the past few days. I was helping with a hoarding case you can read about in the articles linked below. It was MUCH worse than what the news report made it out to be. The photos that look like dogs in pens with mud...That's not mud, it's shit- all of it, several feet deep.


I'll get to my emails after I take some time, I'm just really sore and stiff today and my hands hurt so I don't want to type much.


If you would like to make a monetary donation to help with the care of these dogs or future rescue efforts, you can mail it to TriState County Animal Response Team- P.O. Box 158, Harrison OH 45030. At this point, the animals are not available. But several rescues are lining up to take them when they can, to be held pending the court case.


Here’s the article “Authorities seize dogs from Adams county home” http://www.wlwt.com/news/22989339/detail.html


Here’s next article “Animal control overwhelmed after dog seizure” http://www.wlwt.com/news/23004846/detail.html


There are links to graphic photos within the stories above, as well as links to the video of the news reports.


I can't talk about the details of this, since it's an ongoing investigation so please don't ask. But the news reports will give you a glimpse of what myself and the other volunteers are dealing with.