January 05, 2010

Dazzle went sledding!


We had a brief break in the snow, so we cleaned off the driveway and vehicles.  Had to get a photo of the un-used truck that hasn't been cleaned off since the snow started.  You can barely see the antenna sticking up.  It's possible that could get covered by the time the snow ends.
.


I took this one to show how much snow was hanging off the roof.  It looked even more impressive in person. :-) We knocked it down so it wouldn't fall on someone unexpectedly.
.
I braved the cold and snow today, got suited up (a workout in itself!) and went out to teach Dazzle to sled ride.  I didn't get any photos, but my mom did get it on video that I'll post :-)  He's going to give Tillman a run for his money :-)   We started just on the flat and he got right on the sled.  I pulled it a bit and he mostly stayed on.  The next time on, he sat and stayed for longer.  The third time, he laid down and I was able to pull him quite a distance.  Then we moved to the hill and I had to ride down once to make a path through the powder.  We started near the bottom for the first run and gradually worked our way up starting the runs higher and higher.  He didn't do the full hill (because I couldn't climb it) but he did the lower half, staying on the sled in a down position till it slid to a stop!  He seemed to like it!  Oh the things a dog has to do to get his Jolly ball thrown LOL  I think watching the kids on the sleds really helped him understand what he needed to do.  I'll get the video edited and posted when I get home.
.
A few more inches of snow is predicted for tonight and into tomorrow.
.