January 31, 2010

Agility/freestyle practice

.
Today we got out of the house for a bit and went to the training center to practice.  Another troop member met me there and we both worked our dogs on Agility (which I didn't try to get on video) and then I did some freestyle practice.  I was trying out various moves to go with some potential music and I think I found several moves I like. Now I just need to figure out where to put them all in the song and then work on smooth transitions :-) Dazzle really enjoyed the play and training, but I'm pretty stiff and sore.
.
VIDEO: Freestyle doodling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcypPasxTDc
.
While I took the chance to get this on video while I could, my focus till at least the 20th will be on practicing for the Rally Advanced competition we have on the 21st. We don't have Agility class tomorrow, so I plan to do some training sessions with rally moves.  Including one move I still need to teach him!  He is SO good with both heel and side position that "front" has been neglected and has completely fallen apart.  In advanced, I need to be able to get him to front position without me moving my feet. So we will be working on that! I also need to polish up our Schutzhund type turn called a "Left About Turn" in rally. I'm sure we can do these things between play sessions and some agility practice :-)
.