May 15, 2009

First day at camp

.
We arrived at camp yesterday just after dinner and stopped first at the play yard where Dazzle ran off 7 hours of being cooped up in the van :-) Then we got settled into our room. Not too much happened before we got all unpacked and settled in for the night. He did well sleeping on a pile of blankets next to the bed and didn't try to share the twin matress as I thought he might :-)
.
This morning, he played and played with the other dogs. He couldn't decide if he wanted to play chase, dig in the sand dunes, wrestle or play fetch :-) He tried to do several of those all at the same time! He was laying on his side on the dune while digging and wrestling with his girl friend LOL I wish I had thought to bring my video camera to the play yard! Maybe tomorrow. After playing in the fenced area, they all raced to the pond for a swim and then played some more. Wet and sandy, but completely happy dogs!
.
We went to feed the horses and Dazzle wasn't too sure about being able to get right next to the horses. He was very wary and respectful, though he did get rather close passing behind them a few times. Thankfully the horses are very dog savvy and I don't think he was in danger or I wouldn't have let him get close. The horses pretty much ignored him and after a bit Dazzle was more interested in the piles of big round treats they left him on the ground. :-)
.
He ran the trail as we returned to the main office in the golf cart. He took a nap while we did some office work. More play in the afternoon and he is currently zonked out next to me. The fresh air has me pretty tired too so I'm going to bed. I'll post more when I get a chance but I won't be able to upload video till I get home (I might be able to upload photos.)
.