April 08, 2009

Where is Spring?

.
After last Thursday, the temperatures took a nose dive. We even had some snow and sleet and then high winds and a tornado warning! The weather has been really screwy. Because of that, I haven't been going outside to throw the ball for Dazzle and he was getting stir crazy! So we went to the basement and I threw the ball for him down there. That helped somewhat. I filled the baby pool and partially filled the bigger pool last week when it was much warmer. But on the morning it snowed, Dazzle came in with completely wet legs! So even though the temps were right around freezing, he still decided a swim would be a good idea!
.
I have been spending a LOT of time on the computer the last few days doing DSA website updates and addressing board issues in my new role as President of Dog Scouts of America. So training of Dazzle has been limited to just meal times. We have been working on his Scent Training, go to a mat and his "leave it's" in prep for getting some badges at Dog Scout camp this summer.
.
Our fundraiser on Saturday for the disaster response team was a big success! I had Dazzle and Bear with me doing the "take the money from a person and bring it to the bucket and drop it in" trick. In about 3 hours, the 2 of them collected $253! They did a pretty good job of taking turns (with my help) and sharing the duties, so I'm counting half of that amount for Dazzle's Community Service badge log. They worked well together and both enjoy being out in public and meeting new people.
.
So not much to report, but I did want to post something here so you all know we're all still alive and doing well. :-)