December 18, 2008

Twenty Weeks old


Today Dazzle is 20 weeks old. It seems he has taken a break from growing because he only added 1/4" in height this week. Maybe there's hope he won't be the size of a Great Dane! :-) I weighed him at the pet store and it said he is 30.6 lbs. That's 3 lbs in 2 weeks, if the scale at the store is close in accuracy to the scale at the vet office - probably not. :-)
.
I bought a bag of lamb and rice and he did much better with focus at Biggs today. I also went to the mall to look for something I need and had his dinner (raw) with me. So his focus was rivited on me. He did lose focus for a bit when he saw a remote control car a clerk was playing with, but then he was able to do some sits and heeling around that distraction. I was very glad to see the focus come back! Note to self- don't use the fish and sweet potato for training :-)
.
He actually got to eat his breakfast from a bowl this morning. I had intended to do my errands in the morning and use his breakfast, but decided instead to work around the house while Mike was out shopping and did my errands later in the day, using his dinner for training instead. I'm sure he enjoyed the break from training, but instead of napping late morning, he got into mischief. It seems he and Bear found a mole hole and decided to excavate. While I was sweeping the floor, they were digging to China. Not sure if they caught the mole or not, but when I looked out and saw only half of Bear sticking out of the hole, I banged on the door and they both came racing in. Of course that left many muddy footprints on the floor I just cleaned before I could get them contained. Arggg! So they both got their feet washed and I cleaned the floor... again.
.
Some candids from this past week:
.
All Legs!
Interrupted "face fighting" play with Bear

Dazzle checking to see if I'm still at the computer or coming to play with him. He races to the doorway, slams on the breaks, checks on me, then goes back to playing. Usually he does this with a toy in his mouth.

He now knows "where's mom?" which Mike says when Dazzle is bugging him so he will come find me (and I give him a treat.) :-)
.

Playing in the corner of the yard