December 26, 2008

Ho Ho Humbug!

.
Is there any worse time to be sick than when visiting family for Christmas? I think not. But since the day after I arrived, I've been laid up with a nasty cold that seemed to love my throat and nose. Not being able to talk (or breathe) without hurting is no fun. So until today, I've been mostly on the couch under a blanket.
.
Coyote is the one who wanted to snuggle and lay by me the most. Dazzle just wanted to jump on my head (literally!) and seemed to wonder why I didn't yell at him or get up to play.
.
Thank God my husband was here to help care for the dogs. My parents helped too, but not having to get out of bed early on the day I felt the worst to let them out and feed them was a big help. Dazzle has been a real trooper, given his drastic reduction of play and training. He got in a few fights with Coyote and pestered Bear more than usual, and somewhere found a full roll of toilet paper to shred, but was otherwise a good boy.
.
This morning I felt much better and was able to do a quick training session with his breakfast. Mike went back home with 2 of the dogs (King: his shadow and Buster.) Buster did really well this trip. He actually stayed on the first floor in the living room next to me or Mike (instead of hiding upstairs the whole time.) And he came to the table to get bits of toast from my mom too! After Mike left, I bundled up and took Dazzle out to toss the frisbee for a little bit to let him run off some pent up steam between rain showers.
.
I'll be staying up here till next year, probably the second or third of January. Which sounds so far away, but is less than a week. Where the heck did 2008 go!?
.
I did also manage to get a few photos today, since I missed taking his weekly photo yesterday. I'll have to see if I can get a measuring stick to check his height since I forgot to bring the "official" one I'm using to mark his growth. Not the usual standing photo though, just a few action shots and a posed shot.
.
Nice Trot (blurry but you get the idea):
The three amigos (Dazzle, Coyote and Bear):
Frizbee face:
Fast return:
He really likes getting this Kong Frisbee in the center instead of on the edge. He tries to scoop up other things in the fold like leaves and grass. I think he's been talking to Buster, who does the same thing and brings half the yard back with the frisbee!