November 14, 2008

Fifteen weeks old

.
I realized too late that I really should have been including something in each of his weekly photos so it would be easier to see his growth. But I had just been "capturing" most of the profile photos I had taken each week and not setting them up, so having something in the photo next to him would have been hard. This photo is with a 10" hard plastic ball he loves.
His vet check yesterday went well. He was 23.3 lbs. according to the vet scale. The work we have been doing with handling really paid off. He was completely relaxed and calm as the vet checked his eyes, ears, mouth, temp and palpated his belly. He was playing the "if I let her do _____ do I get a treat?" game. And yes, he got several treats. :-) The vet said most adult dogs are not as relaxed as he was and certainly not the puppies his age. I like knowing that if he's ever injured, a trip to the vet and/or the exam won't add to his stress.
.
When the vet moved his hips around, she though they felt a bit loose and one "clicked" but no way to know anything without an X-ray. We'll do a prelim X-ray at 6 mo. and I'll continue to get him Chiropractice visits. It wasn't the vet that does the chiropractic that he saw yesterday, so I'll be interested to see what he says about the hips and how they feel.
.
I've been looking at photos of some of the other pups from his litter and they are just as cute as him! "Stumpy" looks like a porcupine though! His hair sticks straight out (at least it was in a few of the photos on the "J" litter page of the breeder's website.) The female that went to CA is looking good. There's a photo of her sleeping on her back which is just how Dazzle has been sleeping.
.
We haven't done much training the past few days, though I've worked on his sit/down/stand cue recognition and his stand stay. I've been busy preparing and packing for the NY trip and cleaning the house and catching up on computer stuff like emails and website maintenance/updates.
.
He has two new teeth coming in to replace the ones that came out on the bottom, but lost the upper center front teeth, so he can still sing the Christmas song :-)